Part-Time Marketing Assistant
Brighton Therapy Partnership provides Continuing Professional Development training to counsellors and psychotherapists. BTP is based in Brighton (naturally) but attracts delegates from all over the South East of England including London. BTP also includes the businesses known as The Palmeria Practice (a group therapy practice and consulting room hire), Therapy Education Online (training and workshop videos) and Counselling4Brighton (the owner’s private therapy practice).
About the Role
BTP is a very small outfit, and the role of Marketing Assistant for the business is a key role. The successful candidate will work alongside the Marketing Consultant and benefit from the breadth and depth of their experience and knowledge, as well as making a huge difference to the day-to-day marketing of Brighton Therapy Partnership.
I am looking for someone who has excellent copy writing skills, and who preferably has prior experience in marketing. The successful candidate will be proficient in running regular campaigns using Mailchimp and in social media marketing via Facebook, as well as general marketing tasks such as website updating (WordPress), event promotion, market research, and ad hoc tasks to benefit all areas of the business. Occasional attendance at BTP events will be needed (for example, to take photographs). Finally, the successful candidate needs to have a good understanding of the therapy world and be comfortable writing about therapy-based topics.
This is a small but exciting opportunity to join a small business at a period of development, and for the right candidate this is an opportunity to make a real impact.
The role is for 20-25 hours per month (nominally 5 hours per week), excluding breaks, to be worked flexibly across the month. This is a new role in its present form. There may be opportunities to undertake other work within the business in the future, or to increase hours.
The post Is remunerated at a rate of £12 per hour (FTE annual salary of £23,400). This is comparable with, and frequently higher, than local salaries within the voluntary and public sector where Administration level roles are often paid on the NJC pts 18-21 (£19,554 – £21,116).
This is predominantly a home-working position, but the post-holder will be asked to attend meetings with the Marketing Consultant and/or Owner on a regular basis during office hours in Brighton. As a representative of the Business and the owner, the post-holder is expected to act professionally and courteously to all customers of the business, and to be helpful and unbiased in dealings with others whether by email, phone or in person.
The generous remuneration package includes ‘benefits in kind’ in the form of free therapy CPD within the organisation (worth £100 each day).
Key Skills and Characteristics:
- Be trustworthy, reliable and to work within a clearly agreed confidentiality clause.
- Have competent administrative skills.
- Have a ‘can-do’, proactive, problem-solving and calm approach to their work.
- Have an eye for detail and accuracy.
- Be a strong team player, but also capable of working on their own initiative.
- As this is a predominantly home working role, to have own computer and internet connection, access to up-to-date versions of MS Office, and a home environment suitable for computer based work (i.e. Suitable table and chair, quiet environment), and be able to work from home.
- A background in marketing.
- An understanding of therapy and counselling (preferably from working in the field or in an allied profession).
- A confident copy writer.
- Be confident and experienced using MS Office, Mailchimp, WordPress, Facebook etc.
- Experience of updating or creating content for websites (we use WordPress).
- Market research skills and experience.
- Experience in event promotion work (online).
- The ability and willingness to attend occasional BTP events.
- Basic photography skills.
- Basic design skills.
- An understanding of SEO.
- Experience of using YouTube (creating accounts, uploading videos, etc).
- Have knowledge or experience of web-based tools, and be sufficiently ‘tech savvy’ or who can show they have the capability to develop these skills. Some aspects of this task can be learnt ‘on the job’, but be aware that you will expected to be comfortable using web-based tools/apps, etc.
Further Information About the Post of Marketing Assistant
You can download the Full Role Advert and the Role Description by clicking on the links below. Here you will find full details of the post, including renumeration, how to apply and deadlines.
Full Role Advertisement:
Full Role Advertisement:
How to Apply
Please email your CV and a covering letter (preferably no more than 2/3 sides of A4) that addresses your key skills and abilities relevant to this post, the role description, and the role outline provided in this advertisement to firstname.lastname@example.org
This is also the email to send any pre-application questions you may have about the role.
The absolute deadline for applications is 12noon on Friday 21st February 2020.