Venue: ONLINE, via Zoom
This workshop will be delivered via Zoom. There is a maximum number of tickets to this event, please book early if you are keen to attend. Joining details will be sent to all delegates on Thursday 14th January after bookings close. Please note that by booking a ticket for this workshop, you are agreeing to our terms and conditions for Zoom events, so please read through them carefully before making your purchase.
Schedule: 10am to 4.30pm
- £95 (standard ticket price before 11am on Thursday 14th January when bookings close – pick this ticket if you can afford to pay this, or if all the discounted tickets have been sold).
- £80 (discounted ticket – pick this ticket if you are on a reduced income because of CoVid19, or you are a student counsellor/psychotherapist, or you are a newly qualified therapist (2020 or later graduation). Proof of student/graduate status will be required. Limited ticket numbers until 31st December only, or until all are sold.
- All delegates will be supplied with a CPD Certificate. This will be sent automatically to all delegates AFTER the conference takes place.
- Please be aware that we are NOT accepting payment by cheque at this time. Bookings must be paid for either via Paypal, Credit/debit card (via Paypal, no Paypal account required), or bank transfer.
- ALL PAYMENTS VIA BANK TRANSFER MUST BE MADE BY 11AM ON THURSDAY 14th JANUARY IN ORDER TO SECURE YOUR PLACE!
EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing) is a psychotherapeutic approach now well known for the treatment of PTSD and Trauma. EMDR therapy is a scientifically supported treatment for PTSD recommended by numerous organisations internationally (e.g. NICE, 2007, World Health Organisation, 2013). There have been over 24 controlled studies supporting the efficacy of EMDR, making it the most thoroughly researched method in the treatment of trauma.
Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR) was created by Dr Francine Shapiro, a Psychologist and Senior Research Fellow at the Mental Research Institute in Palo Alto, USA. She ‘discovered’ the mechanism of EMDR, (bi-lateral stimulation) on her now famous ‘walk in the park’ in 1987. It is an innovative clinical treatment, which has successfully helped people all over the world who have experienced psychological difficulties which originate from some kind of traumatic experience or adverse life event.
This day will introduce you to the basic theory and practice of EMDR. It will cover possible underlying mechanisms of EMDR and how it allows the client to process negative experiences which are the basis of their current symptoms You will be introduced to a preparation technique that you can use with your own clients and an explanation of how you can integrate EMDR therapy into your own therapeutic practice.
Following this day you will not be able to use EMDR, but it serves as a ‘taster’ as to what you can expect from the full 8 day qualifying basic EMDR Europe Accredited Training. Please note that as we do not run the full 8 day course we are unable to provide details on this. For more details on the accredited course you would need to contact the trainer directly.
Bookings will close when this course is fully booked. You can add you name to the Reserve List by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org . You will then be notified if a place becomes available for you.