near Brighton Station
Getting to the Brighthelm Centre
Travelling by Train
Travel to Brighton mainline railway station and exit at the front entrance, travel straight ahead, heading south down Queens Road. North Road is the second road on your left. It is about a 4 minute walk to the venue.
- Trains from London: There are numerous direct trains from London Victoria to Portslade (journey time just under one hour) that stop at East Croydon, Haywards Heath, and Burgess Hill, etc.
- Trains from Southampton/Portsmouth:There are also direct trains from Southampton and Portsmouth to Brighton that stop at Fareham, Havant, Chichester, Worthing, Portslade, Hove etc.
- Please check the National Rail Enquiries website at www.nationalrail.co.uk for up-to-date details, and for train services along the East Coast (including Lewes, Eastbourne and Hastings).
Travelling by Bus
Locally take any bus that goes to Brighton Station or Queens Road, for example, numbers 6, 7, 14, 27, 37, 47, 50, 52, 57, 59, 77.
Travelling By Car
There is a small car park at the rear of the venue for delegates who are blue badge holders or who have mobility issues only. The entrance to the Brighthelm Centre car park is indicated on the picture above. There is a ‘Keep Clear’ box painted on the road directly in front of the car park entrance. Please be aware it is quite hidden, don’t drive into the NCP car park by mistake! If the orange barrier is down use the buzzer to call reception and tell them you are attending an event.
Please be aware that parking in Central Brighton is very expensive. Most central car parks (including the NCP car park next to the venue) charge around £25 for a full day’s parking. There are three car parks that are a 7-10 minute walk from the venue that are more reasonably priced. Please check the walking route from these car parks to the venue on Google before you arrive. These are:
- City College (also known as Metropolitan College) Brighton & Hove Car Park: entrance in Whitecross Street, Brighton, BN1 4DZ. All day Saturday parking is £8 payable as you enter. You will need to download the JustPark parking app on your smartphone to pay for your ticket or call the number displayed on the boards in the car park if you don’t have a smartphone. The location code for this car park is 183153. Parking can only be paid for on the day, and cannot be pre-booked. Please note: This car park is only available for public use at weekends/evenings. It is privately owned by the College and therefore we cannot guarantee access.
- Trafalgar Street Car Park: there are two entrances, one in Whitecross Street directly opposite the City College Car Park above, the other in Blackman Street, BN1 4DY. Saturday parking fees are £10.00 for 6 hours and £12 for 9 hours.
- Brighton Station Car Park: entrance is in Stroudley Road (off Fleet Street/New England Street) at the rear of Brighton Station (this can be tricky to get to if you don’t know the area). Parking fees are £14.10 for all day. You can then walk through Brighton Station and follow the walking directions to the venue above.