Date(s) - Saturday 11th October, 2014
10:00 am - 4:30 pm
City Coast Centre
Categories No Categories
Saturday 11th October 2014
Trainer: Anne Power
Venue: Training Room, City Coast Centre, Portslade (Brighton & Hove), BN41 1DG
Schedule: 10am to 4.30pm (Registration at 9.45am)
Course Fee: early bird £95 (before 13th September; £105 thereafter), including ample lunch, all refreshments, and CPD Certificate
This introductory workshop is for therapists who work with individual clients who want to understand couple dynamics. It is not a ‘how to work with couples’ workshop! The day will be focussed on the three key areas of couple choice, attachment fit, and genograms.
The day will look at:
- The psychodynamics of couple fit
- Attachment dynamics within a couple
- Using genograms to explore dynamics
- Sexual relating – what happens after the initial passion?
- Threats to monogamy – affairs, internet sex and porn.
- Existential and other threats to the relationship: bereavement, infertility, addiction and depression.
Participants can expect the day to enhance their understanding of:
- Their own ‘internalised couple’ and its impact
- What draws partners together, whether heterosexual or same sex couples.
- How they manage conflict
- How systemic and attachment factors impact on a couple
- How the therapist can support an individual client with relationship struggles
- Whether working with couples might suit them.
The trainer, Anne Power, will use use powerpoint as a platform for presenting theory and discussing these topics. There will be several structured exercises to explore our understanding, reflecting both on our personal knowledge of relationships and assumptions about couples and the stories and dilemmas that our clients bring. There is bound to be plenty of laughter!
You can get full details about the venue for this event by clicking on the name of the location (highlighted in blue) next to the venue map at the top of this page. This will take you to a page with full details about the venue.
Bookings will close when this course is fully booked. You can add you name to the Reserve List by sending an email to info@brightontherapypartnership . You will then be notified if a place becomes available for you.
Bookings are closed for this event.