Brighton Therapy Partnership understands the importance of communication. We believe that online chat, discussion, and debate can foster growth, and we feel privileged to have an engaged community who feel the same way as us. That’s why we welcome comments on our blog posts and articles, and encourage discussion. Together, our comment sections can be spaces full of insights and shared knowledge that benefit everyone.
That said, there are a few guidelines to ensure that everyone not only remains safe, but has an enriching and positive experience as part of our community.
- No spam – this is a space for discussion, not self-promotion. Please refrain from linking to your website or other vested interest.
- Confidentiality – please respect the privacy and confidentiality of others, including clients and other therapists.
- Emotional Safety – please give some thought to how much of your personal story and details you want to share on a public forum.
- Keep it short – please remember that this is a public forum; it will not be the right place to share very long or detailed histories about your experiences or that of others.
- Trolling – discussion and debate (along with the necessary components of critique and disagreement) are welcome here. However, we will not tolerate abusive, aggressive or insulting language towards other commenters or our writers.
- Compassion and empathy – we ask that you approach every conversation with compassion and empathy in mind. With online forums it can sometimes be easy to forget that you’re talking to real people, so please ensure your comments come from a place of kindness.
- Be certain – once you send your comment in, that’s the last opportunity you’ll have to edit and even prevent it from being published. We do remove some comments (more on that in a minute), and you can also contact us to request that your comment gets taken down, but do remember that this is a public forum and your comment may be seen by many people.
Brighton Therapy Partnership’s involvement
We do moderate all comments and posts before they are published in line with the guidelines above. We do not become involved in discussions ourselves, nor do we intervene in debates, alter comments, nor provide feedback. The comments remain the words and views of those who post them; not of Brighton Therapy Partnership.
You may contact us if you wish to have your comment removed from our website. Please use our office email address to contact us. We will normally respond within 7 days.
Our goal is to ensure our community is a healthy one. We ask that you stick to the guidelines above, and in doing so, you’ll make it a healthy community too.