Work with BTP
Business Support Coordinator
Closing Date – Wednesday 10th August (full details at the end of this page)
Brighton Therapy Partnership (BTP) is a small business run by the Owner and wonderfully supported by a small group of freelancers undertaking a variety of part-time roles. BTP has been providing Continuing Professional Development training to counsellors and psychotherapists for the past 12 years, attracting delegates from all over the South East of England and London, with our online events attract delegates from all over the country and worldwide.
BTP also includes the businesses known as The Palmeira Practice (a group counselling and psychotherapy practice and consulting room hire, based in Hove), Therapy Education Online (our therapy CPD video library) and Counselling4Brighton (the Owner’s private therapy practice).
About the Role
The role of Business Support Coordinator is a vital and key role responsible for maintaining the smooth running of the business, and works closely with the business owner. I am looking for someone who can be excellent as the first point of contact for our delegates and provide consistent and robust business support across a number of administrative and business areas.
The role is ideally suited to a counsellor or psychotherapist (qualified or in-training) who is looking to work within a dynamic, therapy-based business. For therapists the generous remuneration package includes ‘benefits in kind’ in the form of free therapy CPD within the organisation (worth £100 each day), and considerable support for your private practice via the Palmeira Practice and our client referral system.
Being a therapist is not essential to this role, however you will need to be confident and sufficiently skilled to work in a sensitive and confidential clinical environment.
What the current role holder says:
“I have worked for Brighton Therapy Partnership (BTP) for nearly four years and am only leaving now to start a family. I have loved being a part of the BTP family, and I will be sad to say goodbye. I call it a family because it certainly feels like more than just a team; I have always felt fully supported in my role and encouraged to explore new and interesting areas to grow into. I have really valued the flexibility that the role has afforded me, and the access to high quality CPD has been invaluable to my own private practice. I have learnt many a new skill along the way, and I have no doubt that whoever lands this role will have similar opportunities to bring their own stamp to this very well-oiled machine!”
Business Support Coordinator
To provide business, administrative, and book-keeping support to Brighton Therapy Partnership and its owner, contributing to the smooth running of the business.
Business Support & Administration
- Provide a range of administrative and support tasks to meet the needs of the business, in particular delegate liaison and support around workshops and conferences.
- Respond to and resolve enquiries and potentially complex issues from delegates and co-workers.
- Manage our office information systems, which will require a good knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Mailchimp online database, and WordPress websites.
- Develop and maintain relevant policies, including GDPR.
- Work alongside the owner on the development of strategic projects.
- Occasionally provide email cover for co-workers taking leave (Palmeira Practice)
Maintenance & Development of IT
- Basic IT administration, including maintenance of passwords for business accounts, keeping software up-to-date, troubleshooting.
- Keeping our websites up-to-date (WordPress).
- Where necessary liaison with external consultants and contractors to develop and improve our websites, databases, and web-based applications.
Finance & Book-keeping
- Ensuring that financial records of income and expenditure are accurately kept using a number of purpose-designed Excel spreadsheets.
- Invoicing for the Palmeira Practice (monthly), liaising with co-workers on invoices sent, keeping track of payments and reminders.
- Any other tasks as required and within the capability of the post-holder.
Key Skills and Characteristics
- Extensive experience in a broad range of secretarial, administrative and clerical tasks.
- Well-developed time management, planning and organisational skills.
- Strong computer skills including experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), WordPress websites, mailing list applications/software (Mailchimp).
- Have a ‘can-do’, proactive, problem-solving and calm approach to their work.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- An eye for detail and accuracy.
- Initiative, self-reliance, and the ability to work independently.
- The ability and flexibility to work in a team environment, providing backup and support to other team members if needed.
Practical Information about the Role
- The role is for 8-10 hours a week (dependent on work flow) over a minimum of 2 non-consecutive days a week.
- The BTP “key day” is a Thursday, and this is when most meetings and workshop preparation takes place, so some availability on Thursdays is essential.
- Availability to travel to the owner’s home office in Ovingdean occasionally is important. Please be aware that bus services to Ovingdean are infrequent.
- Other than in-person meetings with the business owner (and for the exchange of paper-based financial information) this is a home-working role, and you must have suitable office equipment, internet access, and quiet space to work in. Please be aware that in-person meetings with the out-going role holder during the induction period will be required.
- The role is remunerated at a rate of £15 per hour (FTE annual salary of £29,250).
- The role is offered with the additional ‘in-kind’ benefits (already described), the value of which is estimated at £2,000 a year.
- This is a self-employed position (you will be asked to sign a declaration saying that you are responsible for your own Tax/NI). Invoices will be paid monthly in arrears by bank transfer.
How to Apply
Please email your CV and a covering letter (preferably no more than 2/3 sides of A4) that addresses your key skills and abilities relevant to this post, the role description, and the role outline provided in this advertisement to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please only use this email address, rather than the BTP office email.
This is also the email to send any pre-application questions you may have about the role.
- The absolute deadline for applications is Wednesday 10th August 2022
- Shortlisted applicants will be contacted and invited for interview as soon as possible.