Work with BTP
Freelance/Part-Time – Marketing Co-ordinator
To provide marketing support at both a planning and delivery level, and to aid the day-to-day running of the Business.
- Creating marketing plans to enhance the reach and reputation of the organisation
- Taking a lead on direct marketing to our mailing list, mailing list growth and social media marketing
- Copywriting text, articles, campaigns and social media posts (Mailchimp/Facebook/etc)
- Website updating
- Events promotion
- Market research
- Building networks with partner organisations
Other: Any other tasks as required and within the capability of the post-holder.
Brighton Therapy Partnership (BTP) is a small business run by the Owner and wonderfully supported by a small group of freelance staff undertaking a variety of small part-time roles. BTP has been providing Continuing Professional Development training to counsellors and psychotherapists for the past 11 years, and while based in Brighton (naturally) we attract delegates from all over the South East of England including London, and our online events attract delegates from all over the country and worldwide.
BTP also includes the businesses known as The Palmeira Practice (a group counselling and psychotherapy practice and consulting room hire, based in Hove), Therapy Education Online (CPD training and workshop videos) and Counselling4Brighton (the Owner’s private therapy practice).
About the Team
Shelley Holland – BTP Owner, has been working as a therapist for 24 years, has 20 years’ experience working in the voluntary sector in Brighton in both frontline and managerial/strategic roles, and founded Brighton Therapy Partnership 11 years ago, The Palmeira Practice 7 years ago, and Therapy Education Online 4 years ago.
Laura Hordern – BTP Business Support Administrator (responsible for BTP workshop bookings, for processing the administration around new PP practitioners, website updating and troubleshooting, and for invoicing and finance matters)
Rob Trounce – Marketing Consultant (responsible for the Palmeira Practice website and online advertising, also providing ad hoc consultancy support across the whole business)
Tara Lavelle – Palmeira Practice Referrals Co-ordinator/Administrator (responsible for all contact and correspondence with incoming client enquiries and referrals, and with all Practice practitioners including on-boarding new Practice members)
About the Role
The role of Marketing Co-ordinator for the business is an important role that will work alongside the owner to support the direction and reasonable growth of the business. We are a progressive and left-leaning team, and supporting and helping each other is an important part of how we work.
The Successful Candidate
The successful candidate will take a creative approach to developing marketing plans, in consultation with the Owner.
You will have excellent copywriting skills, and be proficient in running regular campaigns using Mailchimp and in social media marketing via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc, as well as general marketing tasks such as website updating (WordPress), event promotion, market research, and ad hoc tasks to benefit all areas of the business.
You will need a ‘can-do’ problem solving approach. Experience in the charity or voluntary sector would be an advantage in understanding our customer base.
You will be required to create interesting, eye-catching and creative copy relevant to our target audience, but you will not be expected to write therapy related ‘expert’ articles. A dedicated budget will be used to buy in external expert content for the BTP website.
The role is for 12-15 hours per week, excluding breaks. You will need some availability on a Thursday to meet with and/or work alongside the business owner. Occasional availability to work a Saturday to attend/support some of our CPD workshops and conferences and conduct market research would be an advantage.
This is predominantly a home-working position. The post-holder will be asked to meet with and/or work alongside the business owner on a reasonably regular basis (Thursdays only), and this will require travel to our base in Ovingdean, Brighton. The area is poorly served by public transport, so being a car driver/owner will be an advantage.
The role is remunerated at £25,012 (FTE annual salary based on 37hrs/week), equivalent to £13.00 per hour. It is offered as a self-employed position.
Key Skills and Characteristics: Marketing Co-ordinator
- Be trustworthy, reliable and to work within a clearly agreed confidentiality clause.
- Have competent administrative and social media skills, to include Facebook, Facebook Groups, Twitter, LinkedIn, Mailchimp (mailing list) and WordPress (website).
- Have a ‘can-do’, proactive, problem-solving and calm approach to their work.
- Have an eye for detail and accuracy.
- Be a strong team player, but also capable of working on their own initiative.
- As this is a predominantly home working role, to have own computer and internet connection, access to up-to-date versions of MS Office, and a home environment suitable for computer based work (i.e. Suitable table and chair, quiet environment), and be able to work from home.
- Be a car driver/owner
- Robust experience and understanding in marketing, in particular via social media and existing mailing lists.
- An interest in and empathy with therapy, counselling, mental health and well-being issues (being an expert or a practising therapist is not required).
- A confident copy writer.
- Be confident and experienced using MS Office, Mailchimp, WordPress, Facebook, Facebook Groups, Twitter, LinkedIn, Zoom, YouTube etc.
- Experience of updating and creating content for websites (we use WordPress).
- Ability to sensitively and professionally manage guest and expert bloggers.
- Experience working in the charity/voluntary sector or similar ‘soft’ business areas.
- Knowledge or experience of web-based tools, and be sufficiently ‘tech savvy’ or can show the capability to develop these skills. Some aspects can be learnt ‘on the job’ (Mailchimp/WordPress), but be aware that you will expected to be comfortable using web-based tools/apps, etc.
- Market research skills and experience.
- Experience in event promotion work (online).
- The ability and willingness to attend occasional BTP events.
- Basic photography skills
- Basic design skills, for creating eye-catching copy for social media or websites.
- A basic understanding/knowledge of SEO would be an advantage, or a willingness to learn.
How to Apply
Please email your CV and a covering letter (preferably no more than 2/3 sides of A4) that addresses your key skills and abilities relevant to this post, the role description, and the role outline provided in this advertisement to Shelley Holland at email@example.com (please do not phone the admin line or using the BTP email address!)
This is also the email to send any pre-application questions you may have about the role.
- There is a rolling deadline for this post. Applications will continue to be accepted until the post is filled.
- Shortlisted applicants will be contacted and invited for interview.
- The post is to start ASAP.
With best wishes