David Mann is a Consultant Psychotherapist in the NHS in Kent. He also works privately as a therapist and supervisor in Tunbridge Wells. He is a member of the British Psychotherapy Foundation, the British Association of Art Therapists and is registered with the British Psychoanalytic Council and the UKCP.
He teaches, lectures and runs workshops all over the country and has published extensively in leading psychotherapy journals. His books include:
- Psychotherapy – An Erotic Relationship: Transference and Countertransference Passions (Routledge 1997)
- Erotic Transference and Countertransference: Clinical Practice in Psychotherapy (Routledge 1999)
- Love and Hate: Psychoanalytic Perspectives (Routledge 2002)
- The Past in the Present: Therapy Enactments and the Return of Trauma (Routledge 2008).
- David Mann’s website features a full list of his publications.
Past Events with David Mann
Working with Erotic Transference and Countertransference
Testimonials for David Mann’s training
“It was illuminating and enjoyable”
“I really enjoyed the day and found David very engaging and easy to listen to. It was informative and thought provoking and as he said it leaves you with more questions than perhaps answers…”
“David has presented a challenging subject and has delivered a good overview of theory and avoided dogma”
“Very happy with the thought provoking day. It will stimulate further reading and deeper reflection on casework”
“I have learnt…not to fear exploring erotic transference and fantasy”
Brighton Therapy Partnership has worked with many trainers and speakers in the field of counselling and psychotherapy. To see a full list, visit our speaker page. In addition, we regularly interview speakers for our blog.